As part of the resolutions of The National Executives Council to foster a cohesive bond and help to enlarge the financial base of its members and associates, a Body Cooperative was evolved as NOGALSS Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd. This body shall be run under a separate management but subservient to the NOGALSS National Executive Council for direction.
It is no more a news that illiteracy and poverty go together. The primary objective of NOGALSS Cooperative is to improve the economic condition of rural and urban areas by assisting individuals and businesses in the start-up, expansion or operational improvement of rural cooperatives and other mutually-owned businesses and farming through NOGALSS. This platform is for Creation of Wealth for the purpose of eradication of illiteracy/poverty in Nigeria. …touching lives and empowering people.
This Cooperative has all it takes to access funds from International Development Partners (IDPs), Development Banks, Governments and other relevant bodies for it to be disbursed to the her members for empowerment.
Object of NOGALSS Cooperative Society
NOGALSS Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society Limited is born out of passionate desire to make people wealthy for the purpose of eradicating illiteracy in Nigeria. As much as it is important to train people for various skills, it is much more important to empower them financially for self-reliance. NOGALSS Multipurpose Cooperative Society is a veritable platform to reduce unemployment to a barest minimum. Every member of NOGALSS Cooperative has access to finance for economic activities.
- Membership is open to all NOGALSS Members and Associates through registration via the application form.
- NOGALSS Associates must be introduced to the cooperative by a registered and active member.
- Cooperators contribution must not be less than N1,000.00 (One thousand naira) only per month.
- Withdrawal of membership is with a notice of not less than three (3) months with a written application to the Chairman of Cooperative
- A member that withdraws his/her membership is only entitled to the extent of his/her contribution and the dividend to the date that the withdrawal takes effect.
- PRIME Contribute Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) and Above Monthly.
- GOLDEN Contribute Below Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) but Minimum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000) Monthly.
- STANDARD Contribute Below Five Thousand Naira (N5,000) but Minimum of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) Monthly.